Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 month old: When will it get easier? *long post...*

Default Re: 2 month old: When will it get easier? *long post...*

It sounds like things are going well!

I just wanted to with this:

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Don't rule out the possibility! My second baby had to cope with really fast letdowns and oversupply during her first months. We were doing 5-10 minute feedings from birth on. But now that she's 2 she will hang out and nurse f.o.r.e.v.e.r.!
    My letdown would spray the cat sitting on the opposite end of the couch, and my son would only nurse a few minutes (5 minutes max) for each feeding. He's 20 months now and would nurse constantly if I let him. He will unlatch and immediately look up at me and say "more please!"
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*phi View Post
    He's 20 months now and would nurse constantly if I let him. He will unlatch and immediately look up at me and say "more please!"
    Adorable!!!!

DD had to get 3 shots plus an oral vaccine today, and was a very unhappy little baby... She hasn't been fussy at all, just very sleepy and looking to the breast for more comfort than usual. Feedings have been 15+ minutes!! Now I know for sure that when she needs me, she will take the breast and not care about the forceful letdown (she only pulled off once today!!!) She has just been nursing and nursing all day and I am able to comfort her through this, it feels great to help her It was so hard watching her scream and cry after getting her vaccinations...! I can't believe we're going to have to do this again at 4 mo, 6mo, and however many more times she needs...
    Amber

Mommy to Baby Sage: 6lb, 19in, born on 5/20/12

love: hotsling AP, bumgenius diapers, ergoBaby
    loving fiancée to SAHD

visit us at: mommy & sage

OH! And btw she weighs 10lb 9oz now, 22" height, 15" head circumference! so happy
    Amber

loving fiancée to SAHD

a tip for painful vaccinations: try breastfeeding during the vaccination. it can be a little bit of a juggling act for the nurse, but if she/he's good she'll work around you. my dd barely notices she's getting a shot with a boob in her mouth and there are natural pain relievers in your milk
    I'm a dreadlock wearing lucky SAHM to Sabeen Hunter (1/08/11) and wife to my sweet husband Amin.
    Love

I have always nursed my kids during their vaccinations. Yes, I have gotten some goofy looks from the nurses, but after the shots are over I usually hear "Wow, I have never seen a baby not cry during that shot" or "She was so good during all that!"
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

OMG, I am so annoyed that I wasn't able to do that!!! On the way to the appointment I explained to my fiance that her vaccinations would probably go very well if I was nursing her at the time, and he agreed because nothing seems to bother her when she is nursing (even when the dog is laying next to us and accidentally barks right next to her ear...!!!)

When the nurse came in with the shots I asked if I could hold her and nurse her while she did it, but she explained that for her safety and my baby's safety that she needs to be laid down on the table. And of course, as soon as my fiance laid her down she started screaming because it was freezing in there. She was perfectly content laying in the football hold across my fiance's arm with his thumb in her mouth (it's so cute, it's his patented way of calming her down )

Her doctor is very very pro-breastfeeding, so I was surprised that they have this policy. Or maybe it was just this particular nurse...? Not sure...
    Amber

loving fiancée to SAHD

oh, so lame! a good nurse will go with the flow and want to make things as easy and pain-free as possible for baby. you should be able to sit in the office chair with baby on your lap nursing for shots. next time try talking to the doctor about it during baby's checkup and hopefully the doctor can send in a nurse who is comfortable giving shots this way. can't hurt to ask and much luck next time!
    I'm a dreadlock wearing lucky SAHM to Sabeen Hunter (1/08/11) and wife to my sweet husband Amin.
    Love

Oh goodness. Next time ask for a nurse who isn't hung up on "safety". I'm sorry your baby got tortured that way- shots are hard enough when given to a nursing baby, let alone one who is being stretched out on a cold examining table.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Definitely will do. It was heartbreaking and just way too traumatic. She's never cried like that before! Poor thing.
    Amber

loving fiancée to SAHD