Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Cramps!

Default Cramps!

Ok I have a question! I am nursing my 19 month old....ALOT. I still have NOT started menstruating again but for the past month I have been getting cramps that feel like period cramps and yet no sign of starting my period. I nursed my daughter until she was two and started menstruating when she was 18 months old. Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience or may know what's going on??

Default Re: Cramps!

bump
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

I'd say that it's likely a sign that your body is gearing up to cycle again. But if nothing happens after a couple months of this, then maybe talk to your doc/midwife?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I agree I would think your cycles will be returning fairly soon, but you could always talk to your doctor in a few months just in case you have a cyst or something else going on.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

This has been happening to me as well! It is so uncomfortable...my LO is 13 months old and I'd say for the past 4 months I get those feelings at least one week out the month and still no PPP!...My midwife didn't seem to be worried at all so I guess it's normal but it does weird me out especially because its so uncomfortable

It may also be a sign that you are ovulating even though your periods haven't returned. If the pain is really troublesome, perhaps insist to be seen by your midwife. Your intuition may be speaking & you deserve to be comfortable. Any chance you could be pregnant?

Good luck- I hope you feel better soon.