Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The perfectly packed Pump bag

Default The perfectly packed Pump bag

The perfectly packed Pump bag

The Necessitates

1. Pump
    2. Bottles for pumping into and for storage (dont forget the lids!!)
    3. Shields & Assemblies
    4. Tubing
    5. Wall Plug

In case of Emergency

1. Milk storage bags & a sharpie to write on them

a. Tape just in case that little tab on the Medela bags breaks

2. Spare Parts

a. Extra valves, membranes, filters etc. (Depending on your pump)

b. Spare set of tubing

c. IF you have the space at work it is not a bad idea to keep an extra set of bottles and assemblies. (You never know when mommy brain will make you forget)

3. Car adapter and/or battery pack (with an extra set of batteries)

4. Quick clean wipes or paper towel for wiping down parts for later use.

5. Clean set of breast pads or a few disposable ones
    6. A Ziploc to keep all misc parts in so that they don't get lost

For the comfort
    1. Entertainment:

a. Smart phone

b. Magazine

c. Ipod

d. photos of the kiddos

e. A pad of paper and a pen (Notes from a phone call, write a little something to the kiddos, or general reminders for yourself)

2. Hands free bra

a. Take an old sports bra and cut slots

b. Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Wishes-.../dp/B00295MQLU

3. A burp cloth draped over your lap to catch drips and keep your pants dry (I love this idea!! Why did I never think of this)

4. Antibacterial hand gels if you don’t have a sink available.

5. Kleenex

6. FOOD (lets face it we get hungry, we are sustaining life over here!!)

a. Snacks; granola bars, fruit, nuts, etc

b. Water bottle for the never ending thirst

7. Lanolin

Storage tip of the day: Blue painter tape is great to date your bottles in the fridge!! Come right off and leaves no residue.
    Last edited by @llli*mamaDuMonte; July 17th, 2012 at 01:32 PM.
    I am Klisti, I married my best friend Kris two years ago.

The love of my life, Wyatt 8-28-11 AKA the little dude

Default Re: The perfectly packed Pump bag

I got a lot of request for something like this is various other locations. I thought I would share. Might help some new mommies when going back to work.

If you have anything that you think should be added please let me know.

I never used lanolin while pumping, yet you have it as a necessity, hmmm . . .

My pump bag always had a large plastic bowl in it (I used the PISA in the tote bag, the bowl fit in the top). I used the bowl as a place to set down, rinse and wash my pump parts, so they never had to touch an unknown surface, like a table or a sink. Also, if i wanted to throw my pump parts and bottles in the work fridge I could set them in the bowl, which acted as a spill basin in case they got knocked over.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

I never used lanolin either, except at the beginning when my horns were too small. But some mothers do find it very helpful.

I keep a ziplock bag with the Medela wipes, bags, etc in my pump bag. I find the tab on the wipes container doesn't seal and they dry out. It also contains the extra filters, etc., that could otherwise be lost.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sassypants View Post
    I never used lanolin while pumping, yet you have it as a necessity, hmmm . . .
    I don't use it while pumping but in the beginning I needed it after every pumping or nursing session, and I know a few women that swear by using it while pumping. But I suppose it is more of a comfort measure.

Wow...that IS a perfectly packed pump bag! My bag mostly has just the necessities, but I carry the cooler that comes with the PISA with an ice pack. The only extras I carry in are a small towel for my lap and my phone. And sometimes my Kindle

The other two things I carry that aren't mentioned here is a sign for the door and a nursing cover. The door to the conference room doesn't lock and I have NEVER had someone walk in on me, but I still throw the cover on because it makes me more comfortable. *Just in case* that door should swing open.
    Last edited by @llli*pizanite; July 17th, 2012 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Forgot the Kindle!
    Lisa

Mom to Aimee, born 8/22/11
    for 20 months!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*pizanite View Post
    The other two things I carry that aren't mentioned here is a sign for the door and a nursing cover. The door to the conference room doesn't lock and I have NEVER had someone walk in on me, but I still throw the cover on because it makes me more comfortable. *Just in case* that door should swing open.
    When I pumped in rooms that didn't lock I would put out the "In use" sign by the door then push the chair I was sitting in up to the door, so if someone tried to open it they would hit the back of my chair and not be able to open the door.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sassypants View Post
    When I pumped in rooms that didn't lock I would put out the "In use" sign by the door then push the chair I was sitting in up to the door, so if someone tried to open it they would hit the back of my chair and not be able to open the door.
    I did that at first but it wasn't as comfortable to me. I like being able to spread out on the table and also to have the pump going on the other side of the room instead of just behind the door.
    Lisa

Mom to Aimee, born 8/22/11
    for 20 months!

Great list! I would recommend specifically mentioning the LIDS next to the pump bottles. I can't tell you how many times I grabbed bottles but forgot the LIDS! ARGH! There were a few times I bought a water bottle from the vending machine and poured my milk into!
    Blessed with DS - born 9/2/09 - nursed/pumped for 12 months
    Blessed with DD - born 3/27/12 my dreamfeeder

903 ounces donated.
    http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=135

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*worknpump View Post
    There were a few times I bought a water bottle from the vending machine and poured my milk into!
    Me too!