Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: So, which is best?

Default So, which is best?

What is the best pump for FT working mamas?

I had gotten the Avent Isis Duo Electric, because it seemed like it got decent reviews and it was cheap. Get what you pay for, right? I only get 3 oz, and that's with compressions and massage the whole time. I'm not pumping nearly enough for DS; yes, I do believe he was getting over-fed---we'e fixing that out of necessity since we're out of frozen milk--but I'm not even pumping enough for the 1.5 oz/hr guide.

What have you found to be the most reliable pump that gets you good output?
    Daniel Keith + Rachel Joy = Leonel Dante [4/13/2012]

Default Re: So, which is best?

Medela Pump in style worked great for me, my sister used it after me for a little bit, and a friend borrowed it after that
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

I get great output with Medela Pump in Style.
    Blessed with DS - born 9/2/09 - nursed/pumped for 12 months
    Blessed with DD - born 3/27/12 my dreamfeeder

903 ounces donated.
    http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=135

I used a Lansinoh (back when it was a purple Ameda PY), a PISA, a Freestyle, a couple others, and several hospital pumps, including a Symphony and a Limerick.

I'd buy a Hygeia if I was a FT working, not EPing mom.

WHO compliant, FDA approved for more than one user, unlike other commonly used pumps, and the motors are excellent.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Okay, thank you ladies!!!!
    Daniel Keith + Rachel Joy = Leonel Dante [4/13/2012]

3 oz for a pumping session isn't bad. Fairly average, actully. I used to average about 3 oz.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    I used a Lansinoh (back when it was a purple Ameda PY), a PISA, a Freestyle, a couple others, and several hospital pumps, including a Symphony and a Limerick.

I'd buy a Hygeia if I was a FT working, not EPing mom.

WHO compliant, FDA approved for more than one user, unlike other commonly used pumps, and the motors are excellent.
    which hygeia? just curious for next baby

Any of them, as they are all built to the same standards ad all WHO compliant, pass-along approved and recyclable

http://www.hygeiababy.com/product-details.php?pid=3 is their professional grade pump
    http://www.hygeiababy.com/product-details.php?pid=1 is their hospital grade, and the price is not bad at all
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!