Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back to Work on Monday- Confused and Uncertain

Default Re: Back to Work on Monday- Confused and Uncertain

yes, for example My DS1 was 10lbs at birth and still only took 3 oz servings.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*katwoman24 View Post
    She will be with her grandma for the first week then at an in-home daycare following that week. The DCP has dealt with breastfed babies before so I'm sure she knows what she's doing. I'm going to meet with her prior to my LO's first day to discuss feedings, etc.

Also, what are some tactics if she does drink the entire 3 ozs and keeps sucking? Does she just want something to suck on or should I have them change her diaper and play with her? I'm sure she will let the DCP know when she's hungry...she sure does with me.
    http://www.kellymom.com/store/freeha...le_feeding.pdf

this is very helpful to all caregivers, and as for tips if baby still wants to suck, try other methods of soothing first! and then offer a smaller portioned top off bottle
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

My son did not take more than 3 ounces at a time until he was well over a year old. He never once took more than 1.5 ounces per hour.
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    Yes you are wrong. The idea that bigger babies need MORE is a formula driven idea. As formula fed babies get bigger they need MORE. That isn't true of breastfed children. Breastfed children eat 24-32oz in a 24hour period, PERIOD. They may vasilate within that range, but that is what they need. Small quantities that are quickly absorbed into their developing tissues and organs OFTEN. The milk composition changes and meets their needs as they grow.
    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jenna562 View Post
    yes, for example My DS1 was 10lbs at birth and still only took 3 oz servings.
    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*phi View Post
    My son did not take more than 3 ounces at a time until he was well over a year old. He never once took more than 1.5 ounces per hour.
    with all these ladies and this link will help further expand on this:
    http://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/pumping/milkcalc/

Current breastfeeding research does not indicate that breastmilk intake changes with baby’s age or weight between one and six months
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Thanks for all the helpful links!! i feel so much better!!! I just her with hubby for a few hours and he had a 2 oz bag of milk ready just in case. She only took 1.5! I think I was worried about nothing. Definitely a FTM here.

Thanks!
    Proud mama of baby Natalie. Born 5-19-12, 8 lbs, 5 oz, 22 inches. She's gonna be tall and strong!

My "baby" is almost 2 years old, and I still leave her milk and she still only takes 2-3 ounces at a time.
    She also, of course, is eating food as well - but 2-3 ounces per bottle has served her well her whole life so far...
    TW
    <Abigail 9/6/10>