Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Any one else?

Default Any one else?

My daughter just turned 9 months old this week. I swear that she breast feeds more times a day now then she did when she was 4 months old. Is anyone else experiencing this?

She is getting solid food about 3 times a day. This is only because if I am eating she wants to be eating what ever it is I am lol.

Default Re: Any one else?

I remember my second being very much like this. Maybe not nursing more often, but at least just as much.

Could it be the warmer weather is contributing to her more frequent nursing?
    ~Sylvia~

Wife to Nick, m. May 2005

Mommy to Gabriel (b. January 2007, 8lbs. 15oz.), nursed 18 months.

Isaac (b. August 2009, 9lbs. 1oz- naturally), nursed 22 months, through PPD/PPA and emergency gallbladder surgery.

and Corban (b. March 2012, 11lbs. 6Oz.- naturally in the water), my NICU baby, still nursing strong at age 2!

Daughter of God

Totally normal. Babies will pick up their nursing frequency for all sorts of reasons- growth spurts, teething, desire to reconnect with mama even as they grow more independent, experimenting with their growing ability to communicate their needs... Expect lots of ups and downs in demand frequency from now until the time you wean, even if weaning is years away.

My son will nurse 12-14x a day for a stretch of time, then wind back down again. There is a lot going on as they get older, and nursing seems to help with all of it.
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).

babies/toddlers will have ups and downs depending on what's happening with them, their development and the world around them.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Normal. I remember reading in The Baby Book (Dr. Sears) something about a baby nurses an average of 4 times a day at a year. I was like, huh? Because my then 12 month old nursed about three times that often. I fretted to my LLL Leader about it and she said "even Dr. Sears can't always be right!"