Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding baby Maggie - creased nipples, ouch!

Default Re: Breastfeeding baby Maggie - creased nipples, ouch!

How's it going? I'm thinking of you!
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

The ENT called a couple hours ago to reschedule my appt for Wednesday morning. Not a huge difference, and I probably shouldn't be pinning so many hopes on this tongue clipping thing anyway, but ... WAAAAAAAAH.

Things are going fine otherwise, though. My supply seems to be in a good place - Maggie has lots of wets and poops, and I'm not suffering from engorgement. I've felt a few hot spots on my breasts, but they seem to resolve with just massage. So far the no-pumping plan seems to be going well and paying off. And Maggie has been sleeping like the dream newborn - feeding every 2-3 hours all night, but falling right to sleep after nursing and staying asleep. I'm sure it won't last, but I've appreciated the opportunity to recover a bit.

I am not block feeding beyond alternating breasts for feedings, but that at least gives my nipples a 4-5 break between feedings/gnawings.

Thanks for the support, everyone!! Maggie is one week old today!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

I can't believe a) you had your lo and b) she is already a week old. Last time I was on and actually got to read anything you were still pregnant!

Congrats!

Sorry to hear its been such a bear with the nursing, Maggie is in good hands though.
    Married to the best husband ever since Nov 2009
    DS born 1/7/12 at 36 wks after PROM and Gestational diabetes happy and healthy ~

Taking it one day at a time.

Currently and !!!

I hope the ENT works out! You said this is one recommended by the LC? Levi had his tongue tie clipped at 4 days old and I'm so very much thankful for that wonderful ENT. A different ENT from the same office would not clip Lance's when we saw her when he was just days old. Levi nursed so much better after the procedure though. I hope you have a good experience.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Samiha View Post
    I hope the ENT works out! You said this is one recommended by the LC? Levi had his tongue tie clipped at 4 days old and I'm so very much thankful for that wonderful ENT. A different ENT from the same office would not clip Lance's when we saw her when he was just days old. Levi nursed so much better after the procedure though. I hope you have a good experience.
    I'm hoping it really helps too! Just wish I could get us in sooner, but alas, this ENT seems pretty darn busy.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Hang in there! Glad things seem to be looking up and I hope they continue to improve...
    Blessed with DS - born 9/2/09 - nursed/pumped for 12 months
    Blessed with DD - born 3/27/12 my dreamfeeder

903 ounces donated.
    http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=135

Thanks everyone! I'm hanging in there. Breastfeeding seems to be very slowly improving on its own, thank goodness, but I'll still be really glad to see that ENT tomorrow!

Joe decided he might like to try holding Maggie today (until now he was too shy/freaked out to even want to touch her, and I didn't want to push the issue). See my new siggy photo below. My goodness, I have been blessed with the most beautiful children!!

You can call me JoMo!

They are awesome !! supercute
    would like to know how did your apptmt go also is there any imprvment in healing of your nipples ??
    First Time Mom to A born on April 3rd 2012

Seven months and counting thanks to my family and this forum here.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*boundless View Post
    They are awesome !! supercute
    would like to know how did your apptmt go also is there any imprvment in healing of your nipples ??
    The ENT rescheduled the appointment for tomorrow morning. Latching on still hurts, but now the pain subsides some during the feeding and my nipples are definitely starting to heal up. I think the positioning help I got has really helped, bc when I get lazy and try to use a different (easier) position, holy moly, it HURTS.

You can call me JoMo!

Love the new siggy pic! You do have absolutely gorgeous LOs!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"