Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Breastfeeding baby Maggie - creased nipples, ouch!

Default Re: Breastfeeding baby Maggie - creased nipples, ouch!

Yay! WTG Maggie and WTG JoMo! How's Joe adjusting to being a big brother?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    How's Joe adjusting to being a big brother?
    He loves Maggie and dotes on her, but is generally acting like he's possessed by the devil the rest of the time. Well, at least he's not taking it out on her.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Ugh. Either her tongue clipping didn't completely release her tongue tie, or she hasn't completely "retrained" to a better latch, or the high palate is getting me, or maybe her mouth is just too small, but ANYWAY, her latch still kind of sucks. It's better than it was, but my left nipple in particular still comes out creased and painful. As of today, my whole left breast just hurts. The nipple is cracked (again) and the whole breast is ouchy. There's no obvious clog (but I just pumped that side and massaged it a bunch JIC), I don't think it's a really bad case of thrush (could be a mild case), but it's probably nipple trauma plus some kind of infection ... I'm using some triple nipple cream and hoping for some improvement here.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

s sorry you're still ouchy! My TT babies took several weeks to feel better after they had them released. DD had the posterior tie with the high palate and lip tie and it was probably a month after the tt surgery that her latch really got better. Probably not what you want to hear. Maggie was lip tied too right? Did they release that as well?
    Married to my High School sweetheart 5-15-04

SAHM to:
    born 6/1/10 tongue and lip ties nursed 13 months with sore nipples and mutually agreed it was time to quit!
    born all natural 1/27/12 nursed for 16 months and lost interest
    1/1/14