Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding baby Maggie - creased nipples, ouch!

Default Re: Breastfeeding baby Maggie - creased nipples, ouch!

Since it is summer, you might try very short stretches of sun exposure. The UV radiation acts similar to the bili lights used in the hospital.

DD3 was a bit jaundiced so we gave her sunbaths - 10 minutes near a sunlit window in her diaper a couple of times each day.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

I have been spending time in the sun with her everyday, but I'll keep it up. The weather has been glorious here.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Do you guys have fair skin? DS had his bilirubin level tested because someone was concerned about how super yellow he was (can't remember if it was me or the doctor who was worried; probably me ) and it turned out to be like 11. It was just really visible with his fair skin.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*LLLKaren View Post
    Do you guys have fair skin? DS had his bilirubin level tested because someone was concerned about how super yellow he was (can't remember if it was me or the doctor who was worried; probably me ) and it turned out to be like 11. It was just really visible with his fair skin.
    Funny you should mention this, since I am a freckly and very fair skinned ...

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

super fair skinned and freckly here too

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Well, I'm not so worried about jaundice now, but baby Maggie has caught her first cold so we're trying to get through that. Of course Joe gave it to her. So far she seems fine, just a bit snotty, especially at night. Luckily it's not RSV season, so hopefully the risk of that is very low.

You can call me JoMo!

Sorry. I remember constantly telling Lilah to stop coughing on the baby, stop putting her fingers that were just in her mouth in the baby's mouth, etc. Just think of it as a jump-start on building her immune system.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Just had Maggie weighed again today, and she put on a whole pound in about 9 days despite catching a cold! Hot diggity, child, slow down! All the weight went straight to her chin(s). She's definitely looking less yellow now too, so I'm not as worried about that.

You can call me JoMo!

Molly