Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 10 month old nursing

Default 10 month old nursing

Hello, I have another question. I was engorged this morning, which I have not been in a while, but when I pumped i only pumped 2 ounces. I was pumping 5-7 at a time. I have not had to pump in 3 months due to my body I guess getting use to him not drinking as much. My question is His is getting more than 2 ounces right? His lips are chap a lot, and this made me think if he is getting enough to drink. He is having wet dippers.

Default Re: 10 month old nursing

What you pump is not a good indicator to what the baby can get out. Your baby is a better suker then any pump. I have been like you before, my boobies have been full and I'll pump, and pump, and pump and get hardly anything. Then the baby will go on there and gulp and get sprayed there is so much. Your milk won't let down with the pump if you are stressed or worried, try walking away from your pump and then going back to try again when you are relaxed.

I have found that at work I can get about 8-9oz in a ten hour period, but if I try to pump at home, (I know the baby is there), I can get only a couple oz.

Default Re: 10 month old nursing

Thank you! I was just worried because I was able to get 7 oz at one time 3 months ago. I was always made a lot of milk. Then when I saw only 2 oz, i got a little nervous. I nursed 2x now and he seems okay. So we will see. Thank you for the info.