Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Desperately seeking help for my 4mo

Default Re: Desperately seeking help for my 4mo

Glad to hear things are going better. If the meds are helping, then teething might be at least part of your problem. You can also try giving your baby something cold to chew on before nursing and see if that helps.

Have you tried taking her out for a walk in a sling or carrier and nursing while you walk? My son was always much happier outside, and the motion of me walking with him helped to calm him so that he would nurse better.
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).

I have not tried nursing her on a walk. We did go on a walk yesterday and I put her in the big part of the stroller, instead of her car seat and she loved looking at everything. I have tried giving her cold things, she enjoys them, but it doesnt help at all with nursing.

Maybe give nursing on a walk a try. My son went through a couple phases where walking around with him was the only way I could get him calm enough to nurse. Otherwise, he would just scream. It was a giant pain, but it worked. Bouncing him on my knee while nursing him worked too, but not quite as well (I had an injury and was non-weight bearing for months - so I had to get creative).
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).