Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Limerick Breast Pump

Default Limerick Breast Pump

I just ordered the Limerick breast pump based on the great reviews and the pumping mechanism it uses. I was wondering if anyone here has tried it and has any tips for using it. Also, are there any bottles that are compatible with this pump? It's a bit annoying that the pump only comes with small bottles.

Default Re: Limerick Breast Pump

Susan (aprilsmagic) has one and posted a review that might have some helpful info. Hopefully this link will work: http://forums.llli.org/showthread.ph...light=Limerick
    Lisa

Mom to Aimee, born 8/22/11
    for 20 months!

I love it, and no, you have to use their bottles. None other fit.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Thanks, Susan!!! I actually tried to PM you but it said your inbox is full. So do you end up having to switch bottles in the middle of a pumping session? I've gotten over 5 oz. from one side at times in the morning with my Medela Freestyle and it doesn't completely empty my breasts out (when I massage my areolas, I get a lot of milk coming out still)... which is why I am getting the Limerick.

I forgot to mention that I am currently EBFing and pumping to increase supply and build up some supply in the freezer, but I'll have to go back to work in 6 weeks.

Yes, I stopped and switched bottles. At the height of EPing, I would fill 8 oz bottles (before I got the limerick) and then put on new bottles. I would get extra bottles with the Limerick if I were you

Be careful though..you can pump yourself right into severe OS.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!