Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Medela SoftFit breastshields

Default Medela SoftFit breastshields

Anyone use these with the PIS? How do they compare with the hard shields? Just curious. Been having some discomfort with the hard shields (which is odd since I've been using the 27mm for a long time now).
    Blessed with DS - born 9/2/09 - nursed/pumped for 12 months
    Blessed with DD - born 3/27/12 my dreamfeeder

903 ounces donated.
    http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=135

Default Re: Medela SoftFit breastshields

I had used the hard shields for a long time and scratched one while cleaning it. While waiting for a replacement (lovely LLL lady was sending me a spare 24mm) I used the soft shield off my manual pump. That thing totally rubbed me the wrong way and I couldn't wait for my hard shield to come in. I don't know if it was me of what, but it was terrible. Of course, if you're having problems with the hard shield, maybe it'll work out better for you!
    Hi, I'm Seph!
    DD born - 5/12/09 5lbs 15oz, and now she's 27 lbs! weaned with love at 19 months.
    DS born - 10/12/11 8 lbs 1 oz, over 19 pounds now at 8.5 months and still nursing like a champ!
    I survived 3 solid months of a 10 food elimination diet and 22 months of a limited diet between my 2 children. I don't even remember what a peanut is.
    for 21 months!
    6 time conqueror of mastitis! (2 times without abx!)
    Have milk, will fly!

I didn't like the SoftFit shields. Have you tried using another size? I usually pumped using the 27mm also, but after awhile found that there were days that I needed a different size.
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!

SURPRISE!!! We caught the first PP egg and are currently baking #4! Due to arrive late-Jan/early-Feb

Well, initially I thought I needed to go up but what is happening is that it's pulling almost my entire areola into the tunnel, which makes me think maybe I should go DOWN to the 21mm so it only pulls in my nipple
    Blessed with DS - born 9/2/09 - nursed/pumped for 12 months
    Blessed with DD - born 3/27/12 my dreamfeeder

903 ounces donated.
    http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=135

well do you have the 24mm that came with your pump (assuming they did)? I'd give those a try before going down to 21. I'm not very well endowed in the breast/nipple area and I'm a 24mm. you definately don't want the sides of your nipple to rub!
    Hi, I'm Seph!
    DD born - 5/12/09 5lbs 15oz, and now she's 27 lbs! weaned with love at 19 months.
    DS born - 10/12/11 8 lbs 1 oz, over 19 pounds now at 8.5 months and still nursing like a champ!
    I survived 3 solid months of a 10 food elimination diet and 22 months of a limited diet between my 2 children. I don't even remember what a peanut is.
    for 21 months!
    6 time conqueror of mastitis! (2 times without abx!)
    Have milk, will fly!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*persephone-ashes View Post
    well do you have the 24mm that came with your pump (assuming they did)? I'd give those a try before going down to 21.
    Try the 24mms.
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!

SURPRISE!!! We caught the first PP egg and are currently baking #4! Due to arrive late-Jan/early-Feb

I did not think they were all that soft. They have a hard ring right around where the nipple goes. OUCH.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!