Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I don't know what else to do!

Default I don't know what else to do!

I've had less than stellar BFing experiences to say the least. DD has never had a fabulous latch, I always seem to feel rubbing or pinching somewhere. Now she's started wiggling badly which is so not helping things! She wants to grab my boob and pull it to her to latch and then she keeps pushing herself past it. I don't know what to do! She also doesn't seem to be taking the nipple far enough back into her mouth anymore. I'm more venting than anything but if anyone has any suggestions for me I'd appreciate it!
    Married to my High School sweetheart 5-15-04

SAHM to:
    born 6/1/10 tongue and lip ties nursed 13 months with sore nipples and mutually agreed it was time to quit!
    born all natural 1/27/12 nursed for 16 months and lost interest
    1/1/14

Default Re: I don't know what else to do!

My DS is just a couple of weeks older than your LO. And he started this a few weeks ago. It IS annoying. Best thing I found that works is not letting him get too fussy before offering, if he is too distracted, waiting just 10/15 min and trying again, dimming the lights and volume of whatever is on
    Married to the best husband ever since Nov 2009
    DS born 1/7/12 at 36 wks after PROM and Gestational diabetes happy and healthy ~

Taking it one day at a time.

Currently and !!!

Default Re: I don't know what else to do!

When mine got super wiggly, sometimes I HAD to walk her around while nursing, patting her butt or gently jiggling. That seemed to calm her down enough so her head stayed put and she stayed latched. Something that worked for us. My arms would get tired though
    Lisa

Mom to Aimee, born 8/22/11
    for 20 months!