Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Awake time?

Default Re: Awake time?

phew. ok. thanks.
    Makes it hard to get things done, though!!!

(He won't take to the moby that I spent good $$ on.)
    Desmond Ringo Payton [5.31.12|8 lb 14 oz|22 in.|blonde|blue|beautiful|BACK TO BREAST 6.25.12]

I never liked my Moby all that much in general and use other carriers far more often, but I do have a hip carry that I like with it (although that works better for older babies). Maybe try some different carries and see if there is another carry that your baby likes better.
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).

will do!
    Desmond Ringo Payton [5.31.12|8 lb 14 oz|22 in.|blonde|blue|beautiful|BACK TO BREAST 6.25.12]

Try different positions before tossing the moby. We thought our kid hated it. She just hated cradle. We can get good long naps with tummy-to-tummy and her legs froggied.

Ditto too on less sleeping. After week 5 wraps, walks, and co-sleeping were the only way to get afternoon naps.
    Mama to Viv since 4/08/12 -- my all natural post-breast cancer miracle baby

with just one breast. So far so good.

Co-sleeping with him for the entirety of the day when he passes out. He seems to sleep better, and definitely is less overtired/cranky in the evening.
    It's ended his cluster feeding and he's back to an every 2 hour schedule. waking and playing for about 45 minutes, feeding for another 45, sleeping for 1.5-2.

i'm so glad to see the support of co-sleeping. i nurse my lo at night and she usually falls asleep at the breast... i worried letting her stay in bed was against my better judgement.. but we both get more sleep that way. she is 5 weeks old and getting too big for the cradle. we've been trying to slowly move her to crib sleeping, but she just seems so far away in the next room.

My 2 wk old is doing the cluster feeding, he'll sometimes fall asleep but won't get into a deep sleep unless he's been awake for a longer period, but then will sleep a good 3 hours. I'm not used to this! My first would do the usual wake and sleep pattern. And he seems to sleep better when he's upright in the swing or bouncy seat and its quiet than when he's sleeping with me or next to me.
    Josiah born at home 1/26/2009, 50 months and counting , and Adlai born 6/26/12