Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Normal?

Default Re: Normal?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*firsttime View Post
    The other question is how dangerous is it for his teeth to keep my nipple in his mouth for long periods of time? I try to pull it out when he is all the way asleep, but sometimes I fall asleep too. I don't want his teeth to rot.
    That's only a concern with bottles. Your nipple doesn't drip milk like a bottle does; so sleeping with a nipple in his mouth isn't going to rot his teeth.

As far as the trouble falling asleep, I think it's hard to say what's up with that. It could be a lot of things. Sleep has gone back and forth between better and worse for my son this entire second year. Teeth and bursts of new language skills tend to bring on really restless nights and difficulty falling asleep here. Mine is cutting 3 canines at once right now and it is his worst teething episode yet. It took over an hour to get him to sleep tonight. He does tend to sleep a little better when he gets lots of exercise during the day. We always (weather permitting) go for a nice long walk after dinner, which helps. It's been so hot though, that we haven't been getting out as much or staying out as long as we normally would, and I think some of our recent sleep troubles probably relates to that.
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).

Last night was miseerable. He woke every half an hour to hour and kept crying for "other side" (nursing), even when he had just been nursing. I tried tylenol, but it didn't help. He is now just sitting on the floor crying. He won't let me touch him but won't let me leave. He got about 8 hours of very interrupted sleep. I don't know what to do to help him. He olbviously needs more sleep to function well.
    Please excuse my typos, I am always NAK.

DS since 1/30/11

Will your son fall asleep for a nap if you take him out for a walk in a carrier or a stroller?
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).