Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: when the signs are in the knees, she says

Default Re: when the signs are in the knees, she says

Idk. Stray cats do hang around grocery stores...I thought it was for the dumpster, but I bet they are just looking for a chance to smother unattended babies!

good argument for why to use a sling I guess. "Yes, I would use a stroller but this way I can fight off attacking cats!"

Okay ... I'll be careful leaving my newborn unattended outside of grocery stores. Check.

I also found it helpful to say to people, "I'm weaning him, but we're taking it gradually." REALLY gradually. Like, gradually over a year and a half (starting at one year old).

Loving that farmers' almanac link. Awesome. Not worth weaning over, but awesome. Don't worry, the signs will be in the "knees" again. Maybe ask Grandma to just keep you abreast (haha) of the dates for NEXT year?

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

you guys are making me laugh so hard I woke the baby... even without the people or the cats, you'd think the heat (or other weather) would be a good enough reason not to leave the baby outside, like when they do those ad campaigns about how hot it can get inside your parked car.

My daughter keeps saying "what's so funny? who's worried about a cat?" but I do remember walking with her when she was just a few days old and so glad she was in the Moby when a dog ran up to us on the trail.

Anyway, yeah people give unwanted advice and usually there's not much you have to do about it except not let it get to you and let them know you're happy with what you are already doing.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joe.s.mom View Post
    Okay ... I'll be careful leaving my newborn unattended outside of grocery stores. Check.

I also found it helpful to say to people, "I'm weaning him, but we're taking it gradually." REALLY gradually. Like, gradually over a year and a half (starting at one year old).

Loving that farmers' almanac link. Awesome. Not worth weaning over, but awesome. Don't worry, the signs will be in the "knees" again. Maybe ask Grandma to just keep you abreast (haha) of the dates for NEXT year?
    Yeah, I told my MIL we'd wean when she was ready and I had no idea when that would be. I told her I self-weaned at 13 months but I didn't know when J and I would be ready. She's not ready now and she turns 3 in 2 wks. I also still have a few drops of milk so I know some say "she'll wean when I don't have any more milk" (for people who don't understand supply/demand of breastfeeding).
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.