Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Think your baby is nursing too much? Read this!

Default Re: Think your baby is nursing too much? Read this!

My 7 week old is the same way. If she's not sleeping, she's eating.

I was just reading my way through this website when I stumbled upon this post.

Last night at 4 am I cried for an hour because I was absolutely SICK of breastfeeding. I felt as though BFing was all I did. All day long, all night long. I was so over it last night. I just cried. And this morning I told my DH that I just wanted a large cup of coffee (something I've been avoiding because I think it causes my baby to be irritable). This post just rang so true to me today.

^you know your baby best but fyi studies suggest that if a baby is going to have an adverse reaction to caffeine ingested by mom, a mom has to consume the equivalent of 5 cups of coffee a day. Personally despite having a colicky baby i have my AM cup of coffee every day because life is not worth living without it.

thank you so much for this. now i just need hubby to read it...

Thank you so much for this! My lo is 10 weeks old and has acid reflux which has made breastfeeding such a challenge. Everyone has insisted he needs to start taking a bottle so I can take a break. The truth is I think we have finally found our groove and I dont want to start the bottle. Im just starting to enjoy our time during our 10 nursing sessions a day!

it's so great when you get into that groove. I agree, bottles at this point will only upset the apple cart.

wonderful!!!!! loved it!!!!

Jacob 2.2.04 FF due to lack of support (biggest regret in life)
    Abigail 12.7.08 ~ BF 14 months
    Nicholas 12.21.12 ~ EBF

Thank goodness I found this. My husband was worrying more than me about our 1 week old feeding too much, I knew deep down I should carry on doing what I felt was natural but it's hard to follow your instincts when you're tired and people around you are constantly telling you the opposite. A brilliant article that gave me a bit of comfort just when I needed it, THANK YOU!

Just read this and it was spot on! I always get 'he can't be hungry again'... Ha x

Just stumbled across this post and I LOVE the article!!! I breastfed my son for 3 years and just had my daughter.. It has been a long time since I nursed a newborn. Glad I came across this article. Gave me reassurance and was able to share and educate others! Thank you for posting!