Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polyvitamin Drops?

Default Re: Polyvitamin Drops?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*paytek View Post
    On post the pediatricians give it to all breastfed babies.
    I'll note here that this is the same pediatrician that said he needed to be 9 lb in 4 days, and to forcefeed him the extra .5 oz at every feeding so he'd be eating like 26-28 oz a day.
    The pedi we saw on post for DS' 2 week check up said the same thing. "All BF babies need to supplement with Vit D" and wrote us a script. It was for a multi, that DS would spit up no matter how little we gave him. If I'm taking a multi, I see no reason why he needs to, too???

Isn't it sad how formula is the standard for infant nutrition?

Also...really, he said your DS NEEDED to be a certain weight in a certain time period? It baffles me how they feel they can demand babies be certain weights. Aren't they individuals?
    Daniel Keith + Rachel Joy = Leonel Dante [4/13/2012]

Default Re: Polyvitamin Drops?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*paytek View Post
    On post the pediatricians give it to all breastfed babies.
    I'll note here that this is the same pediatrician that said he needed to be 9 lb in 4 days, and to forcefeed him the extra .5 oz at every feeding so he'd be eating like 26-28 oz a day.
    Maybe you would feel more comfortable with a new doctor? I found a good one that I liked based on the recommendations of some moms in my local LLL group. That might be a good way to find one you are more in sync with.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!