Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How do you count wet diapers?

Default How do you count wet diapers?

I've never had to count wet diapers before because there was always lots of very full wet diapers. I could change him every hour or two all day and there was always a lot of urine in them. I use disposable diapers right now.

There is definitely a decrease in urine output. I figure that since i may have had an oversupply (more than enough wet diapers) and now he may be getting enough (normal amount of wet diapers) so there would be noticeably less urine output. But I'm not sure how to tell whether it is normal or not enough wet diapers. He has about 5-6 wet diapers but most of them seem hardly went at all. They are wet but when I take them off, it feels like almost no urine.

So how do I tell if the diapers have enough urine in them to count as a wet diaper? Or does any urine output in a diaper count?

Default Re: How do you count wet diapers?

You should see 5-6+ wet diapers every 24 hours. To feel what a sufficiently wet diaper is like, pour 3 tablespoons of water into a clean diaper. A piece of tissue in a disposable diaper will help you determine if the diaper is wet.

with pp

here is a helpful link as well
    http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/bre...-milk-how-tell
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

You can lay a tissue in there and every time you change a diaper, it may be wet.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!