Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Letdown vs. Period!

Angry Letdown vs. Period!

My period came back yesterday after being gone for a year, (pregnancy & BF for 4 months now) and since yesterday have felt a dip in milk supply and what I'm more concerned with is the way my milk won't let down very easily. I have to completely let loose every muscle in my body, sidelying helps a little with this, even to get a good release. I think Baby noticed yesterday too, i usually have an easy and very forcefull reflex which shes grown used to. Ive been so irritable, i have 2 older boys that been driving me nuts which makes matters worse!

Default Re: Letdown vs. Period!

Often a supply dip means that letdown is slower and less forceful. Tension and irritability probably slow things down even more. But as long as you nurse on demand, this will all be temporary.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Wink Re: Letdown vs. Period!

Oh good I was hoping the let down problem was just a result of the drop in supply, and I'm glad to hear it's just temporary. Ha! Letting down as we speak!! Thank you