Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: This ever happen to anyone?

Default This ever happen to anyone?

Hi Ladies,

I just got diagnosed with a sinus infection and strep throat today and was prescribed amoxicillin. I took one pill a few hours ago and am pumping now and it hurts! I've been pumping for over a year now, so this makes no sense.

Thoughts?

Thanks, Jen
    Hi, I'm Jen, mommy to Victoria (5/24/09, self-weaned 11/1/10) and Gabrielle (5/20/11, still going strong!). Always and sometimes ...when will I stop? When Gabbi says so!

Nursing Gabbi for fourteen months and counting!

The ladies here have gotten me through some rough times!

Default Re: This ever happen to anyone?

It hurts on both sides? I wouldn't think it could be thrush after a few hours. That would be just nuts. Any symptoms on your breasts or nipples?

Yes it does hurt on both sides. I'm using larger shields and that's helping a little but the pain is still pretty bad. I have little red bumps on my nipples and they seem a little swollen. I also have a rash on my hands. I think maybe I'm having an allergic reaction?? I'm going to see if I can get different meds today.
    Hi, I'm Jen, mommy to Victoria (5/24/09, self-weaned 11/1/10) and Gabrielle (5/20/11, still going strong!). Always and sometimes ...when will I stop? When Gabbi says so!

Nursing Gabbi for fourteen months and counting!

The ladies here have gotten me through some rough times!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Juniper79 View Post
    Yes it does hurt on both sides. I'm using larger shields and that's helping a little but the pain is still pretty bad. I have little red bumps on my nipples and they seem a little swollen. I also have a rash on my hands. I think maybe I'm having an allergic reaction?? I'm going to see if I can get different meds today.
    My toddler had strep throat at Christmas time, and she had HIVES. That was actually why I took her in to the pedi. She had hives and was kinda fussy so I took her in and they said her throat was red and they swabbed her throat and she tested positive for strep! Crazy! I have never read about allergic reactions showing up on our nipples, but they're a tender spot, so it seems likely. Hope the medicine change fixes it!!