Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: irregular stools

Lightbulb irregular stools

Hello ladies!
    I'am aware that EBF babies don't have stools.as often as a formula fed baby but my son is 13 1/2 months now and will go 1-2 a week! He's obviously on table foods and drinks tons of water. He only nurses about 2-3 times...is this even normal?

Default Re: irregular stools

What is his stool like when he does go?
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Default Re: irregular stools

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jenna562 View Post
    What is his stool like when he does go?
    Is it soft, or is it hard enough to roll right off the diaper if you picked it up? And how does your LO act when he does go- is he mellow about it, or does he seem to be in discomfort? You might see him turn red, strain, cry, or even walk around the house with butt cheeks clenched while he tries to hold it in.

In general, older babies who are eating solids and not nursing much should probably be pooping at least every other day. I'd discuss the infrequent poops with your pediatrician. It might help to make a "poop journal"- it can be difficult to remember whether your LO's last poop was 3 days ago or 4... or was it 5?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"