Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: LO Not Eating

Default LO Not Eating

Just today, my LO has not eaten at her last two feedings. She took a few swallows, but that was it. She fussed a bit like she was tired. I gave her her pacifier and she fell asleep after awhile. She seems happy and content.
    She is 3 months old and is healthy.

I have been taking a tonic of habanero pepper, garlic, onion, ginger root, and
    horseradish for a cough/sinus infection. Do you think this could be why she doesn't want to nurse?

Also, her 7 yr old brother is sick with a fever. Could it be possible that she is getting sick, too?

Default Re: LO Not Eating

I'd guess that either she wasn't hungry or she's coming down with her brother's illness or whatever gave you a sinus infection (most of them begin with a virus). I wouldn't blame the tonic. Garlic and onion flavors do come through in the milk, but babies typically enjoy them. Ginger, habanero, and horseradish won't make your milk too hot for her, if that's what you're worried about. AFAIK, the chemical compounds that give the sensation of heat/spiciness don't come through in the milk.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: LO Not Eating

Thank you.
    I don't think she was hungry. She ate really well at her next feeding.
    I was just getting worried.