Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nursing/Pumping Schedule (Working 8-4:30)

Default Nursing/Pumping Schedule (Working 8-4:30)

Let me just say that i LOVE nursing!!! I nursed my first lo until 18 months and now myself & my newbie are going strong at 3 1/2 months. I recently returned to work and have began pumping. I am forturnate enough to have a job that works with me so i am able to pump for 15 minutes and have a little after break time to clean up. I nurse at 4am and 7 am before work. I then pump at 10 and 2. I usually am able to make it home to nurse again at 5. He may want a little nibble at 6 or 7. Then he wants a full go of it at 8:00(just in time for bed). So...4,7,10,2,5,6?,8. I really dont have a question. I just thought some other new mommies returning to work might want a bit of a template. Stay strong lactating lovlies!

**also 1st pump i get 7 ounces and second pump i get 6 ounces. Only 5 ounces when i dont drink enough water!

Feel free to post your own schedule

Default Re: Nursing/Pumping Schedule (Working 8-4:30)

I work 12 hours/3 days ...I nurse before I leave to work (I live 8 miles from work), then pump every 3 hours for 15-20 min. 8:30, 11:30, 2:30, 5:30 (give or take 30min.) Then pick him up from grandmas and nurse at 8pm, ready for bed.
    Working mommy to Cat, Nikki, Brandon and baby Lucas
    exclusively for the second time!
    we made it 21 months with previous son and 9 months and counting with Lucas

I'm away for 10 hours, 4 days per week. I pump 3 times. Once in the morning after nursing, then at 12.30 and at 15.30. I nurse again at 19.00

Wake up at 7am, change the baby, nurse her on one side, while pumping the other (output is anywhere from 1 ounce to 2.5 ounces)

* 9:00 am - get to work
    * 9:30 am - pump
    * 12:00 pm - pump
    * 2:00 pm - pump
    * 4:30 pm - pump
    * 5:00 pm - leave work
    * 6:00 pm - get home, nurse.

Sometimes, when I'm having a particularly tiring day, I skip the last nursing session at work, go home a big earlier, and pump one side while nursing on the other.

My total daily output varies between 8 - 13 ounces and lately I've been toying with the idea of moving to a reduced pumping schedule at work (3x a day instead of 4x).

Same schedule and pumping amount as saliza except add noon bf session since i live so close to work and grandma can bring her in