Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: it seems as though our newborn is having a hard time

Default it seems as though our newborn is having a hard time

our newborn almost seems like she is having trouble making bowel movements sometims. it seems like she is pushing, pushing but nothing comes out.. but other times, she has no problem letting it go.. which seems to be when she relaxed.

Sorry, I hope i'm not posting too much. our peanut is like a book that's never been written. there is something new everyday to worry about. the forum has been so amazing helpful.

Default Re: it seems as though our newborn is having a hard time

I can't remember how old your LO is, but remember that until just a short time ago she never had to go poop or pass gas. Now she probably does it multiple times a day. A lot of babies are very discomfitted by those sensations, and they will make all sorts of faces and grunts as they try to work things through their systems.

As long as she is not in pain when doing it, it's nothing to worry about.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: it seems as though our newborn is having a hard time

What is the texture of the poop? If it is hard and pellet like, especially at this age, it might be a sign of a problem.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting