Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Ouch!! :-(

Default Ouch!! :-(

Hi ladies!
    So just the other day I was praising myself for hanging in there and working on overcoming every challenge that stood in my way! Ive been bf for over 4 months! I adjusted well with pumping @ work. Everyone here was right! He did get bigger! His mouth got bigger! He's still a pretty fast nurser! And up until the day before yesterday there was no discomfort other than a little tiny bit annoying thing he does lol(pulling off looking around getting back on pulling off kicking me) this new discomfort is actually painful. I was surprised because our latch has been awesome and no matter how i tried correcting it it was a very painful pinch on my left nipple. So last night I noticed a little white dot on my nipple that didt go away. Painful nursing on that side. I looked at it again this morning after feeding and its still there. Just a little white dot. Ouch!! Could this be a milk blister?? And if so, whats the fastest way to heal it?
    I am so blessed!

08-31-01
    02-13-12

2 's in heaven

Default Re: Ouch!! :-(

Sounds like a bleb. I use a sterilized needle to open them up. It hurts, but relief follows soon after.
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).

Default Re: Ouch!! :-(

I let the very warm, nearly hot water from the shower soften/open my nipple blister and I did eventually pick it open by rolling the blisters hardened center. It sounds gross, but I had relief when it was open and gone.
    I think the sterilized pin is probably the smarter way to do it.
    DD#1 July 1986 VB
    DD#2 April 1988 c/sec
    DS#3 April 1990 VBAC
    DS#4 June 1993 VB
    and suprise!
    DD#5 April 2001 c/sec
    BTDT scars and stretchmarks,: wrinkles and grey hair