Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: He won't drink expressed milk at daycare

Default He won't drink expressed milk at daycare

My DS will be 11 months next week. He nurses just fine when he is with me. However, the last week or two, he has not been drinking the bottles of expressed breastmilk at daycare. The DCP says that he pushes the bottle away, and only wants his babyfood. Is that normal? Is it ok?? What should I do??
    The love of my life, Rogelio Federico aka Tre, was born on 22 July 2011.
    Active Duty Army Mom thats hates , but loves : and

Default Re: He won't drink expressed milk at daycare

Has your DCP tried a cup (sippy or regular)? My son suddenly refused bottles at daycare at 9 months, but took a cup just fine.
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).

I will try that. Thanks!
    The love of my life, Rogelio Federico aka Tre, was born on 22 July 2011.
    Active Duty Army Mom thats hates , but loves : and

Totally normal, ime. My daughter started refusing bottles at day care when she was about 12.5 mos old. I took it as a sign she was ready to stop bottles and I could stop pumping. You are close enough to a year old (I think) that you'd be fine just not sending it (or sending it and not worrying if he doesn't drink it). After they are a year old, as long as you are nursing 3-4 times a day you don't need to replace it with an alternative milk. You're pretty close to a year and depending on how often you nurse and what kind of variety of solids he eats I think you'd be okay not doing bottles. Of course if you've got the milk you could go ahead and try the sippy just to see. But I'd definitely take the opportunity to bottle wean if you can.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Don’t be panic, it happens sometime. My kid also refused bottle early then I gave him milk in bowl and sometimes in small glass. It worked fine.

Just another possibility... Have you checked for lipase issues? Maybe it doesn't matter at 11 months but that was why my DS refused his but he was much younger so it did matter how much he was getting at DCP.
    Married to the best husband ever since Nov 2009
    DS born 1/7/12 at 36 wks after PROM and Gestational diabetes happy and healthy ~

Taking it one day at a time.

Currently and !!!