Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medical Emergency, must pump and dump... need help

Default Re: Medical Emergency, must pump and dump... need help

Which pump did WIC give you! As a hospital grade pump is $1000 or more.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Thanks for the well wishes and great information ladies. Super glad I joined this group/forum! I wasn't able to BF my son as long as I wanted to basically because of poor information and no support. So I was so determined to BF with my second baby. Glad I'm on here getting input and information from people who have "been there and done that". I was so happy when she returned to BF, and she was too! She just seemed so at ease and comfortable. I wish I could talk every mom into BFing, because it is soooooo great and the bonding is amazing!

Now I just gotta get these stones to pass and we'll be aces!

Thanks again ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    Which pump did WIC give you! As a hospital grade pump is $1000 or more.
    It's a medela double pump...they said they are worth over $300....so probably not a hospital grade pump. Our hospital doesn't have an OB department anymore, so I would have to travel to the hospital where I delivered (45 mins away) to get a pump--and that is IF they would loan it. I

right, the medela is a professional grade, not hospital grade - i got that confused at first too.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Medela makes both hospital grade (Symphony, Lactina) and professional grade pumps (PISA, freestyle). I'm betting WIC is giving out one of the professional grade models.
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).