Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LO not eating.

Default Re: LO not eating.

She doesn't have GERD and this nursing behavior only happens for like 2 weeks a month. The other times she nurses great, but that's usually when my milk supply is much much higher. Unfortunately, I had to skip a few pumping sessions at work, and when I'm home with her she doesn't nap, and doesn't like to be put down, so I can't pump here, and it's like she's unwilling to work to help build the supply back up. But even then, that doesn't explain her poor intake from the bottle from her Dad.

This is so heartbreaking. I desperately want us to have a positive nursing relationship, but we almost never do. I have a call into my LC to see if she has any new advice since she's familiar with our history and challenges.
    I'm Erin, mommy to Ella, born at 33 weeks 4 days, and Addison, born at 35 weeks and 5 days.

An LC who knows your circumstances is a good idea at this point.

I'm really sorry things are so difficult. I really hope you can figure all of this out soon!
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).

sorry to chime back in late. you're right, sounds like she is definitely not getting enough lately. (sorry to grill you; so often that's an erroneous fear.) i agree with phi about seeing the LC again. and pursuing possible physical causes of her lack of eating - if not GERD, could it be something else? i don't know. please update us.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*larkface View Post
    She doesn't have GERD and this nursing behavior only happens for like 2 weeks a month. The other times she nurses great, but that's usually when my milk supply is much much higher.
    I just saw this, sorry for the late reply and sorry to hear things are so difficult. I just wanted to point out that the above seemed really curious to me. I wonder what could be different for two weeks of the month that could possibly be related here? Any patterns that you see that could be affecting your milk or her environment? Just a thought. I hope your conversation with your LC and ped helps. Sounds like you are doing so much for your LO!