Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Let The Distractions Begin!

Default Let The Distractions Begin!

DD3 is now grabbing at things, mostly our faces. However nursing has become difficult as we've started the nurse-pulloff-grabmommysface-nurse-pulloff-holdhandinfrontofmommysface-nurse-pulloff..... It's making our nursing sessions much longer. She just won't get down to business!

We've also developed green poop at night (just one) because she gets so fussy, nurses on and off, fusses again.... Our evenings are not fun.

She is however growing like a bad weed! Her little giggles are so much fun and blowing raspberries on her hands and the glee on her face. It's priceless!

I'm off to find my nursing necklace. Maybe playing with that will keep her on the breast longer.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Default Re: Let The Distractions Begin!

Ugh I know! My 4 month old constantly lifts her head up and looks around while still latched on. Geesh.

same with my 4 month old. I found that if I give him a change of scene like moving to a different room then his attention span for nursing is better.

with the nursing necklace! We're deep in distractionland, too. I really should go find that necklace...
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

Where do you get your nursing necklaces from? I'm having a horrible time with DD wiggling while she's eating! Maybe it will distract her
    Married to my High School sweetheart 5-15-04

SAHM to:
    born 6/1/10 tongue and lip ties nursed 13 months with sore nipples and mutually agreed it was time to quit!
    born all natural 1/27/12 nursed for 16 months and lost interest
    1/1/14
    born all natural 11/4/14

I got mine from babysteals one day. They had a combo deal for a nursing bracelet and necklace. I didn't need the bracelet (the one you move the charms around to mark when they last nursed) so I gave it to my BF when she had her baby and I kept the necklace for me. Still haven't found it though....
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and