Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Yellow Pee =/

Default Yellow Pee =/

I posted 6 days ago about my DD nursing 4-6 times in 24hrs. She is refusing to nurse during the day still, so the only time I can get her to nurse is when going to sleep or dreamfeeding. I have been limiting her water intake to almost nothing, in hopes of her wanting to nurse more. Today I noticed her pee diaper was yellow , not really dark but def noticable. I have tried pumping bottles for her but she screamed for 5 minutes just when trying to get her to take it. When she does take it she dosen't suck, she just lets drip out down her throat. Sippy cups she just sucks it out and then spits it back out. Should I be concerned about the yellow pee, should I call her Dr? She usually has 1 soaked diaper in the morning 3-4 wet during the 24hrs along with 2-3 light to damp ones too. I am worried she is getting dehydrated.
    09-28-2011 VB (41 Weeks 1 Day) Breastfeeding 12 months & counting.

Default Re: Yellow Pee =/

How are her poops? What has her weight done?
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Well she was weighed today at the WIC office, but she had her clothes and diaper on. 19lbs 14oz. But I weighed her at home 3 days of the past six and she was, 18.8 and the next day was 18.2 and then when I weighed her today she was 18.8. I just weigh her in only a dry diaper. She has gained weight since her 6 month Dr check up though. She was 16lbs then. Poops are a hit and a miss. Some days she has none and then some days she has one or two. They seem to be getting more uniform in these last few days though. Not as wet as usual. And usually the color of whatever she ate the day before. Greenbeans, squash or carrots. Those are the the few she likes and will eat now.

Are her gums swollen? Has she been seen by doc for ear infection or throat issue like strep?
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Well I believe she is teething. But no she hasen't been to see the Dr since her 6 months checkup. I think I am going to make an appointment for her tomorrow just to check and make sure she dosen't have an ear infection or something.