Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How to NIP with a sling or ERGO?

Default How to NIP with a sling or ERGO?

Hi mamas,

Another question... I keep reading about NIP using a sling and an ERGO. I have both, and am wondering if anyone can help with the "how to" for both types of carriers? My LO is 11 weeks and we're still using the infant insert in the ERGO. The sling I have is a Cuddly Wrap, which is basically the same as the Moby. I'm really keen on figuring this out, as the little guy roots like crazy every time he's in the sling!

Thanks

Default Re: How to NIP with a sling or ERGO?

I used the Ergo without the insert when mine was a little bigger, so other mamas here probably have better advice than I do for a little one. What I did was loosen the straps enough to drop my baby so that his mouth is in line with my nipple and just let him latch. It's really quite easy.

I always hated nursing in my Moby and didn't use it for very long. Thus, I don't remember what I did very well. I think I just followed the instructions from the booklet for the most part. It required a lot of adjusting and re-tying the fabric once I got the baby into it though.

More than anything, it just takes a little practice to see what works best for you.
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*phi View Post
    I used the Ergo without the insert when mine was a little bigger, so other mamas here probably have better advice than I do for a little one. What I did was loosen the straps enough to drop my baby so that his mouth is in line with my nipple and just let him latch. It's really quite easy.

I always hated nursing in my Moby and didn't use it for very long. Thus, I don't remember what I did very well. I think I just
    followed the instructions from the booklet for the most part. It required a lot of adjusting and re-tying the fabric once I got the baby into it though.

More than anything, it just takes a little practice to see what works best for you.

This exactly
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I bet there are YouTube videos for the Ergo. I know there are Moby videos. Google 'nursing in (blank)' and see what pops up!
    Becky

Mommy to Owen b. 4/20/12