Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help! My supply is drying up!

Unhappy Help! My supply is drying up!

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on what to do about my milk supply, as my 21 month-old still wants to nurse and her night-waking is getting worse since my supply has decreased so much.

I have always had supply problems, but now it is getting to the point where the supply dips a lot every time my period is coming and it seems that after each month there is less and less milk- I don't recover what was lost during that 2 weeks or so.

At this point, she is only getting a few sips on each breast and wants more. I have taken fenugreek and blessed thistle and they only help a very little bit. Pumping is a joke right now, as i get nothing.

Does anyone have any advice for what I can do? Is this a situation where Domperidone could be used?

I really didn't want to have to wean before my daughter was ready but it's looking bad...

Thanks for your help!
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]Baby wearing, cloth diapering, sometime co-sleeping mom of DS, born 06/16/08 and DD, born 08/30/10.[/FONT]

Default Re: Help! My supply is drying up!

You could try Dom. If she will nurse more, that brings your supply up.

Could you be pregnant?
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Default Re: Help! My supply is drying up!

Not pregnant!
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]Baby wearing, cloth diapering, sometime co-sleeping mom of DS, born 06/16/08 and DD, born 08/30/10.[/FONT]