Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Sleep patterns?

Default Sleep patterns?

Hello! My little man is almost 11 weeks, and is exclusively breastfed. We feed on demand, which seems to be close to every 1.5 hours. He always cluster feeds at night, from about 6 or 7pm he wants to be fed on and off (takes small breaks but will fuss again within usually 20 minutes) until around 9:30/10:30pm. A few weeks ago, he started having a longer stretch during the night, around 5 hours. Up until that point he woke after 3 or so, and then subsequently every 1.5 or 2 hours. He had a few weeks of this longer stretch, anything from 4.5 to 6.5 hrs (once 7!), but it seems like the last few nights we're back to a much shorter stretch, the longest being 4 hours. He also seems to be feeding a lot more and getting less sleep during the day. Any advice? I'm trying to figure out what happened that has affected his nice long stretch at night!

Default Re: Sleep patterns?

It sounds like his long stretch may have come after a growth spurt! My baby always sleeps like a dream right after a good spurt and then it's back to "normal" :yawn
    If I have learned anything about babies amd sleep, it's that it is always changing. There's so much going on for them in that first year.
    Is he his normal happy self otherwise?
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

Yes! He is his normal, happy self.

That's a good thing Then my best advice to is keep on keepin on, mama His sleep patterns can change a lot over the next year and that is totally normal.
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

Hey that sounds exactly like my lo and I was wondering the same thing! I miss his 5 hour stretch terribly n he's waking every 2 hours to eat day and night!