Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 5 weeks and slightly better

Default 5 weeks and slightly better

My sweet man is 5 weeks old, and things are going much better! It seems my supply is finally regulating! I haven't been engorged (except in the morning) for a few days now. Feedings are much easier, except for initial letdown (still like a fire hose). BUT we had to go for an ultrasound of his belly and little man has bad reflux! I have had to go off dairy (NOT fun!) just in case it's making the problem worse, and we've started reflux mess for him. He's nursing every 3-4 hours at night and 2-3 during the day and gaining weight so well! He's sleeping much better since we've purchased a Rock N Play sleeper! That thing is a God send! Seems like now that we've got it semi-figured out I have to go back to work it went way too fast!

Default Re: 5 weeks and slightly better

I'm so glad things are getting better. Your baby will grow into the forceful letdown. I was still spraying at 15 months, but it had ceased to be a problem for my son by around 3 months.

Good luck back at work. It's difficult at first, but you acclimate.
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).

Default Re: 5 weeks and slightly better

Glad to here it is going better!! That Rock and Play Sleeper is awsome isn't it! My daughter slept in hers for about 4 months!! =)