Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Please I need advise!

Default Please I need advise!

My son is 3 months old and I have breast fed him since he was born. But for the past two weeks we have had to supliment formula while Im at work because i would have no let down when I would pump even when my breast were so full it almost hurt. It was going great nursing at home and him being bottle fed at while i was gone and I only work 5 hour shifts so its only 1 bottle that is suplimented. Lately though he still acts hungry even after eating on both breast where as he usually is a one side feeder. Could my milk be drying up even though he is still nursing?

Default Re: Please I need advise!

You can expect your supply to drop if you don't pump at work. Make sure you are using the correct size horns. Using the wrong size can have a huge impact on pumping output. Some women bring in pictures, audio files, and/or clothes/blankets/etc. to smell which can help elicit a letdown. Personally, I needed to do my best to not think about pumping, which meant not thinking about my baby. I put a on a Netflix streaming movie or show on my laptop or iPad while I pumped and just zoned out. Breast compressions can help with milk output too. I've never had much luck with it personally, but there are lots of women who can extract a lot of milk using hand expression too.

Some videos on getting more milk with breast compressions and hand expression:

maximizing milk production

hand expression
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).

Have your ever responded to your pump or is this a new thing? If new I'd say check/replace any old or worn parts and check all connections. I think breast compressions help and when needed I try to meditate and visualize the milk flowing (sounds weird but usually works).
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

That's a really good question. Also, what pump are you using and how old is it? If you bought it used, it is possible that the motor is on the fritz.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*phi View Post
    That's a really good question. Also, what pump are you using and how old is it? If you bought it used, it is possible that the motor is on the fritz.
    thanks... I not here for my looks alone you know!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Clearly good looks are but one of many reasons; all giving me a case of the . That's hot. The total package.