Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Would this pose a choking hazard?

Default Would this pose a choking hazard?

So DD loves strawberries and yogurt. And she's teething hardcore. Then I found this 'recipe' for yogurt dipped strawberries that are frozen and thought it might be perfect for DD:
    http://thischickcooks.net/2012/04/27...-strawberries/

...or would it be? Would whole or sliced strawberries be better? Or should I just scrap the idea and give her a friggin' teething ring instead? Either way, I'm totally making these for myself!
    First time mommy to Anika Jo, born 6/27/11 at home
    Love to , and . Cloth diapering full time, and part-time ECing-- my baby pees and poos in her little pink potty!
    I blog: www.the-whole-life.blogspot.com

Default Re: Would this pose a choking hazard?

How old is she? Have you seen those mesh teethers that you can put frozen things in? I don't really think it would be a choking hazard, but it might be hard for her to hold onto something frozen.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Since they are frozen, I think they actually would be a choking hazard. Too hard to chew.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

yeah, after thinking about it some more, I'm seeing that this is not a good idea. At least she took to the teether I gave her today after sticking it in the freezer overnight. Frozen washcloths and ice cubes tied into a burp rag have just not been her thing. She was happy as a clam after I gave her this teether! yay!
    First time mommy to Anika Jo, born 6/27/11 at home
    Love to , and . Cloth diapering full time, and part-time ECing-- my baby pees and poos in her little pink potty!
    I blog: www.the-whole-life.blogspot.com

Cool website, kjohanna!
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

I would give it :O my kids tend to scrape the big things like that they can't handle. If you are nervous though stick it in a mesh bag.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby