For a while now (I couldn't tell you when it started) I've been having pains with nursing. I shrugged them off as "normal" since, I figured it's something my body is just getting used to. But after reading other posts here and information on medical sites, I'm starting to think it's something that needs more attention.
What I'm noticing:
- shooting pains after nursing that last a LONG time after.
- pain that radiates from nipple to armpit (both sides)
- white nipple tips after feeding (that seem to go away?)
- pain when clothes touch nipples when I'm changing clothing
- pain gets 10x worse when I feel cold.
- pain feels 10x better if I get into a hot shower
- however, I feel no pain when baby is latching (I did for a bit, but it seemed to stop after a couple blisters came and went) and no pain during the nursing session
- baby seems happy to nurse and satisfied after.
Any thoughts? I'm going to call my lc soon after lunch for her suggestions, but nothing beats the thoughts of other mothers who might have experienced something similar.