Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting Over...

Default Re: Starting Over...

OH MEH GOSH!!! I have such a wonderful hubby! So I got home from my doc appointment, and apparently he'd just gotten home from work. Apparently he'd actually gotten off at noon, but didn't actually get home until almost 5 this afternoon, and guess why!

Not going to make you guess: He'd spent his time looking for a decent breast pump! He put it on our emergency credit card, saying it was too important to put off! He thought the one he chose would be best and also not TOO costly for our tight budget. I screamed my head off, I was just soooo excited that I have a pump!

It's a Lansinoh Affinity. Is this a good pump? [Though I've done lots of research, I'm not exactly an expert on breast pumps. Lack of experience and all...] There are a lot of mixed reviews about it, I'm hoping it does the job for me, because it was on sale and the best that we could get without really risking putting us behind...

Anyways, it's WAAAAAY better than what I had. [Only a manual] I'm so happy! I'd be busily pumping now, if we didn't have a guest over. >__> Tomorrow I'm going to be practically grafted to that thing. Still want to look into the SNS just in case I need help convincing my little bean that Mommy's boobies are worth the efforts the bottle doesn't demand. Either way, I feel STEPS closer to accomplishing what I'm aiming for, so YAAAAAY!

Thanks so much for the suggestions/support! I'm jumping the gun on this...when should I start the Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle? A few days into noticeable milk production, or when I'm able to produce at least a certain amount regularly?

Congratulations on the pump and YAY for a supportive hubby!
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Thanks! He really is! Been pumping religiously today. Twice I've gotten out a little bead of milk from the left side. I don't know why that excites me but it does!

Just wanted to update: Getting out drops now. Talking to an IBCLC and have reconfigured my plans a bit and will be trying to use a nursing system as well. It's so cool to be able to shoot out milk now, and I've been putting babe to the breast after I've hand expressed a bit so she can get a taste and know that there's food to be found at mommies breast, not just good cuddles. She semi-latched yesterday and gave three vigorous sucks before letting me go and happily cooing! I'm so happy. My greatest concern in this hadn't so much been relactating, but getting my LO back to the breast. [Before it was a major meltdown just getting my breast within an inch of her face. The skin-to-skin totally has helped.] ^____^ Feeling really positive, even if my original plans have shifted. Still got a ways to go, but I feel like I can really do this! [Tomorrow may be different, of course! Hahahah!]

Thanks so much for the support on here ladies!

Update: She latched on yesterday for a good three minutes! I think she got a bit, because there was definite swallowing! She popped off for a bit, because she got distracted by her hand, but then she latched back on for another minute, popped off, latched back on. HAHAHA! I'm giddy! >___< Just uber happy! I feel like I'm just steps away from being a breastfeeding mama again!

That is so wonderful, mama! It is amazing how far you have come. Keep up the good work and let us know how it goes.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"