Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Another question for the day about sleeping habits?

Default Another question for the day about sleeping habits?

My 2 month has started sleeping quite a lot during the day - actually I should say I've noticed she's sleeping a lot during the day when most things I've read say they should be sleeping less now.
    Is this ok?

She has 6-8 wet diapers a day etc etc and feeds well albeit I still don't see how she's getting enough she feeds like a little bird - just nibbles away but obviously she's getting enough.

She just seems to sleep an awful amount - and falls asleep on the boob as well - should I be trying to keep her more awake between feeds or is this ok?

Thanks!

Default Re: Another question for the day about sleeping habits?

Let her sleep Is it interfering with night-time?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

I found that after a growth spurt both my kids would sleep a ton for a week or so...then back to normal.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Hey Mommy2 not interfering at all with night, I mean she wakes up every 3 hours for a feed but I have small boobs so I was told she'd feed more as they can't 'store' as much milk - so I don't mind waking up to feed her - she has an awake time that starts at 6pm on the dot - she'll be awake from 6 to 10 - but other wise she sleeps, eats, sleeps eat etc etc.... I just (for me) want her more alert on the boob for feeding as I feel she falls asleep to quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*tanpixie View Post
    I have small boobs so I was told she'd feed more as they can't 'store' as much milk
    That's not true. I have very small breasts and I was able to nurse my baby and then pump 8-10 ounces immediately after. That was not a good thing, but it illustrates that small breasts can produce copious amounts of milk.

I just (for me) want her more alert on the boob for feeding as I feel she falls asleep to quickly!
    She's making enough diapers so she's getting enough milk. Let her fall asleep, and don't worry about it!
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).

wow thats amazing!
    I cant even get 1oz after I feed her, although I have a terrible pump but still!
    I know people say over supply is bad but it seems great to me!
    I don't have it mind you....which makes me think of another question!

It's absolutely awful. Painful engorgement. Plugged ducts to the point that you feel like you've been punched in the breasts repeatedly every day. Potential mastitis if you don't get those plugs out. A baby who screams and screams and screams at the breast because the spray is like a fire hose. Biting down on the nipple to slow the flow causing cracking and severe pain. Horrible screaming gas pains and spit up covering every surface in the entire house. There is absolutely nothing great about it. The best thing that ever happened to me was getting rid of the oversupply.
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).

yeah wow - that sounds particularly hard... I guess that's a good reason to not create an over supply!