Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What is the best baby carrier to be able to breast feed in?

Default What is the best baby carrier to be able to breast feed in?

I have a boba wrap but as it's getting hotter here I thought I'd buy another carrier, something a bit more sturdy as well that will last her as long as possible, I've read that some carriers you can use till they are 90Ibs!

What is the best carrier to use and breast feed in - is this possible?
    I can't seem to find much info on line - all breast feeding carriers that I've googled go to the soft carriers; moby,boba etc etc.
    She's 11 pounds currently.

thanks!

x

Default Re: What is the best baby carrier to be able to breast feed

I love my Ergo and always BF in it
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Me too.

I think it really depends on you and your baby, though. I loved my ring sling when mine was little, but he started getting a little heavy for it around 4 months. However, I'm small which probably factors into the weight problem for me. I see women toting young toddlers in slings around here. I love nursing in my Ergo, but again my size/shape seems to be a factor in that. I have small breasts which puts my baby at a convenient height for nursing in the Ergo. I'm still using it at 18 months. It seems much more difficult for women with larger breasts, however.

My advice is to bring your baby with you to a store to try on several different kinds. Or see if there is a local babywearing group with some to try. That's going to be the best way to figure out what will be best for both you and your baby.
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).

Everyone seems to say Ergo ... I to have small breasts and a small frame so it sounds like it will work for me!
    I am buying online, just due to my location and no baby shops around here - so probably buy on Amazon and I think they are all one size - great ot know you can breast feed in them! Thanks ladies xx

If you're small, I bet it will work really well. I love my Ergo. There's another girl in my neighborhood who I've seen nursing in an Ergo and she's pretty small too. It's great as they get bigger. I like the back carry a lot for walking distances or doing housework. I had some pretty serious joint damage, and I can still carry my 18 month old 4+ miles in the Ergo pretty effortlessly.
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).

I do not have small breasts and I BF great in it
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language