Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: breast feeding for 3 weeks...

Default breast feeding for 3 weeks...

I've been breastfeeding my youngest boy for the past 3 weeks and have had no problems... the last couple days as i near the end of his feeding on my left side i got a really intense burning in my nipple and it hurts to finish nursing him... any ideas on what to do? I've put nipple cream on and that helped a little but it started burning again. he doesn't have thrush and i don't look like a have an infection. What could it be?

Default Re: breast feeding for 3 weeks...

Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I've never noticed my nipple being white but I guess maybe? He's still nursing really well and I can manage thru 10 minutes.

now the side of my breast is very very tender almost like its bruised i've nursed and pumped and pumped and nursed but nothing seems to be helping

That sounds like a plugged duct. Kellymom has lots of good tips on getting rid of them.

plugged duct, maybe with a nipple blister.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I nursed little one for 20 mins straight and it started to feel better but he wouldn't stay latched on after 20 minutes

It may take a whole day (or two) of nursing to clear the plug. I need to take a hot shower and massage the breast to loosen up the plug some. Then I nurse in different positions throughout the day, massaging the breast before nursing each time. It usually takes an entire day for me to get the plug out.
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).