Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Thrush-need some advice!

Default Thrush-need some advice!

My baby has been fussy for over a week and a half now. A week ago, I brought him to the doc with a low fever (99.7) and what I thought was a sore throat.He said he didn't see anything wrong and not to worry. A week later, I now see he has thrush, has no fever but is still warm, and is very congested. My midwife prescribed some antibiotics, and I also bought some Candida which I've sprayed in his mouth and my breasts between the medication.
    Can thrush cause the congestion or should I see the doc for something else?

Default Re: Thrush-need some advice!

How old is your baby? That is a low fever, and can sometimes come from teething. I've not heard of thrush causing congestion but, you never know. Are you taking the antibiotics or is the baby? Don't forget to wash your bras in hot hot hot water and change nursing pads frequently. Thrush is a tough one and can pass easily from Mom to Babe and back again.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Default Re: Thrush-need some advice!

We are both doing the antibiotics and candida. He's only 2 months. He also now seems after 2 days of being on the meds to have some constipation. At least 4 poopy diapers a day, but not every feeding like before.