Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Sleeping beauty

Default Sleeping beauty

Hey ladies, for some reason I couldn't sign in yesterday at all but all your help and the resources page helped me with my soreness issue! Now! To wake or not to wake. She is 4 days old, she ate a good hefty meal and has been asleep 4 hours now. Usually at 2 hours she's ready again, but I'm sure today my milk came in because when she left the nip earlier she had that milk coma about her with a little bit running from her mouth. :-) I was such a happy momma to see her so content! So do I wake her for this feeding or let her decide? I'm really torn with the good and bad in this. Thanks everyone!!!

Default Re: Sleeping beauty

at 4 days old, i would nurse her after 4 hours. it is possible to nurse without waking her, if you can get your nipple near her face and get her to root!

good job mama! and congratulations!!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

I finally got her to wake up and she nursed for a whole hour! Now she's sleeping away again :-) getting ready for a change in diapy.

DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Congratulations on your beautiful bubba and BF!!

xo