Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nursing Bras

Default Nursing Bras

Hey Ladies, I am having issues with my nursing bras and was wondering if you have any suggestions on where to get some that are not extremely expensive? I purchased a few from Motherhood maternity and I love the sleep/sports bras but the support bras I have purchased all 3 of them the wire has come out already and I have only had them for about 2 months. I know I saw an ad on the site but we don't have alot of money to spend on bras seeing as they are like $30, especially after I thought I bought nice ones and they were awful. Any suggestions would be lovely, thanks.

Default Re: Nursing Bras

OMG, if i could spend as little as $30 on a bra i would be in heaven. seriously, as a big-busted gal, i couldn't believe it when i found out how much cheapter nursing bras are than what i used to buy - a bra was easily $70-80. i had to add a line item in my budget!

seems like for smaller-busted people nursing bras are more expensive, though. i've heard good things about the cheap ones & tanks from target & walmart. i really love my royce bras, but again that's because they have great larger bras.

bras are really not meant to support well longer than 6 months. i'd be mad if wire was coming out at 2 months, though, no matter how much or little i spent. but most nursing bras don't have wires, either.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

I've been using the bravado body silk seamless for day time and bravado original for night. I love, love, love them. Bought them on amazon. I did try them at the local maternity store first, but amazon turned out cheaper. They do run expensive, but then you don't need many. I throw it in with the baby laundry, which we do couple of times a week. I also tried the medela ones soon after the baby was born. They had high reviews on amazon, but didn't work out for me at all. Rides up the back and worse than a training bra.

Playtex nursing bras. Google them. They are about as sexy as a pair of granny panties, but they are relatively cheap- usually $20-30- and some of them wear like iron. The one I'm wearing today has been in heavy rotation for 2 years, and think it could easily go another 2. Avoid the Target maternity bras- IMO they suck.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Ok, thanks ladies