Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: just venting...

Default just venting...

i did a stupid thing this weekend and now i am paying for it. i was at the zoo with my family and my lo's were finishing up lunch. my 15 month old asked for milk and i pulled him over and he latched on and took two bites on my nipple. it really hurt! when i took him off i noticed that he was still chewing on his cracker. i can't beleive i didn't notice that he was still eating. i am taking care of it and it's not worrying me as far as healing or anything i am just annoyed at myself and wanted to vent. i don't have many people to complain too b/c most of my friends/family would say if he can ask for it and he has teeth he is too old to nurse

anyway, i won't make that mistake again
    mom to ds daniel 12/16/09 and ben 2/27/11

Default Re: just venting...

Haha I'm sorry that this happened, but it did make me laugh. I have done the same thing! My DD1 had a tendency to chipmunk her food and so would suddenly start chewing to get it down to get the milk and CHOMP! I learned pretty quick to make sure first haha. Don't worry it is EXCELLENT that you are stlil nursing It makes me very happy! I understand about family pressure. My in laws are the same way. They are supportive of BFing but think once they can ask for it they are too old. But I don't think taht at all! I just nod and ignore haha.
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!

sorry your LO bit you. my daughter used to munch on her grilled cheeses sandwhich and nurse in between bites.
    DD#1 July 1986 VB
    DD#2 April 1988 c/sec
    DS#3 April 1990 VBAC
    DS#4 June 1993 VB
    and suprise!
    DD#5 April 2001 c/sec
    BTDT scars and stretchmarks,: wrinkles and grey hair

This happens to me occasionally. I'm always relieved when it's just food. (Not cat food, crayon, chunks of pencil eraser, etc.)

Good for you for nursing in public with your toddler, especially with your family around!
    -Hannah

SAHM-WAHM to lovely Lizzie, born at home 9/14/2010

LOL Sorry Momma. It happens to all of us. It burns my @$$ when I do something like that. We know better. But then again, you'll bet it won't happen again!
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and