Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll for working moms of toddlers

Default Re: Poll for working moms of toddlers

I am not sure how to tell DH & sitter to accommodate the new quantities on a "schedule". DH is used to feeding DD at certain times, one of which is 4:45PM, which works out nicely for me, b/c when I get home 1/2 hour later, DD is not starving. Maybe, though, I should tell him to stop feeding her so late (close to when I get home, and close to dinnertime) and see if she wants to nurse. She used to nurse around 6-7PM, too, and now I go from 6-7 AM to 9-10PM without any stimulation from her, only pumping.
    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*phi View Post
    18 months

- hard to say - 4-5x/day maybe, less when he sleeps well (8+ x/day on days off)

0-4 ounces depending on how long I'm gone

Just water

Why can't you send the 8-10 ounces, then make sure to always offer to nurse before work, after work, and at bedtime? That would be plenty of milk.
    Full time working mama to a precious
    Due date was 05/02/2011 - born 04/04/2011 at 36 weeks exactly.
    and 14 months and still going strong

At that age mine got his milk once in the morning, once in the late morning/early afternoon, then water after that. He always nursed immediately when I got home. I think if you cut out the late afternoon bottle, then she would just nurse in place of that when you get home and you end up breaking even. Seems like it would work to me.
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).

I am taking nora-b (think that IS the mini-pill... progesterone only). I was thinking that my AF might be about to return, but she hasn't reared her ugly head yet. I did have a HUGE freezer stash, but was just using fresh all along so a ton of it got tossed after it was beyond 6 months old. I couldn't donate it b/c I had been on zoloft for a few months and also stopped freezing as much b/c I found out that I had an excess liapase issue and was getting irritated with scalding all the time. I have gone through "dips" in my pump output before, so I will keep doing what I've been doing and see what happens after a few days....
    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    11/5 is my birthday too.

My first daughter was in the 5% up until about her third birthday. She was always healthy and is just fine. I don't understand why people feel like something is wrong if baby is in 10% but everything is fine if baby is 90%. Both mean the same thing on the statistical scale. They are both 40% away from the average baby.

What kind of birth control are you taking? If it is the mini-pill, you could have ovulated when you were not taking the pills and potentially be expecting your period. In fact, you could be expecting your period with or without forgetting the pill. The average time for the mothers period to return is at 15 months. Mine returned at 14 months with Lilah and sort of at 11 months with Beatrix.

Do you have a bunch of freezer stash with all that extra milk you were pumping? It is perfectly fine to use that.

I might try this... tell DH not to give DD her 4:45PM bottle and make her wait until I get home and nurse. Thanks mama!
    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*phi View Post
    At that age mine got his milk once in the morning, once in the early afternoon, then water after that. He always nursed immediately when I got home. I think if you cut out the late afternoon bottle, then she would just nurse in place of that when you get home and you end up breaking even. Seems like it would work to me.