Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please Help Me Get Started...

Default Re: Please Help Me Get Started...

^^Oh good question!!! I never thought about having him try my BM before eliminating the allergens. What do you suggest?! Tomorrow I start trying to pump!!

Have you already removed the allergens from your diet? What is he allergic to?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

No I haven't. I am so new to this I didn't even think about this yet. Ugh. I need to focus and do more research! He is allergic to milk/soy...soy really bad!!

I would post questions about that in the allergy forum. I would definitely try to eliminate those from your diet. It takes about 6 weeks, I think, for dairy to get out of your diet - but it will take you some time to establish your supply and I bet you have time to get those things out of your diet by the time you have some milk to give him.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Perfect! Thank you so much!!

So my plan:
    1) Rent a pump tomorrow at my WIC appointment
    2) Go to the store to get Fenugeek
    3) Start eliminating milk/soy from my diet starting tomorrow (I already have my lunch packed here at work)
    4) Pump 10-12 times a day to get 120 minutes within a 24 hour period
    5) Do at least one 15 minute pump in between 12am-5am
    6) Not give him any of my BM (providing I have any yet) before the allergens are hopefully out of my body

Anything I am missing?!

Start trying to latch him now. A baby is WAY better than any pump for your supply an SNS might help.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

What about his allergies? Well, I guess it would be fine because no milk would come out yet anyways?!

Exactly.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Yep

And honestly, it might be Ok. The processed formula with soy and dairy might have made the allergies pronounced. He might be Ok with what you have eaten as the "dose" coming through the milk is less.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Thanks!! You all have helped me so much! I can't wait to start this journey