Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please Help Me Get Started...

Default Re: Please Help Me Get Started...

First day! Skin to skin contact in the bath. Tried to put my nipple up to his mouth. He looked at me like I was crazy. So I just continued skin to skin. Then I pumped (a pump I got at WIC today) for 5 minutes on each boob...I got leakage!! It was awesome! Then I got the breastfeeding cramps...I know I can do this!! I will be pumping every 2-4 hours and skin to skin contact

you can do this!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Pump more often than every 4 hours.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Second day! (Yesterday) It didn't go as planned at all. I worked almost 12 hours straight, because of the end of the month duties, so by the time I got home Preston was already sleeping. No skin to skin contact

Then during work I wasn't able to get many breaks because of client calls/meetings so my pumping sessions were not the normal or all 8 I got on the first day. Ugh! I feel like my second day was not good!!

So now I have questions:

*Are there days where it doesn't seem like anything is happening with relactating?
    *How do I know what size Flanges (sp) I need? I am using 24mm right now.
    *Anyone use manual pump at work and then the electric at home?!

I just keep feeling like I am doing something wrong. I know its only the third day today, but I am going crazy thinking I am messing up!

Oh and I also have Mirena, which has caused me to bleed since it was put in February. Now after two days of pumping I have stopped bleeding and now I have mucous...is that normal?! Sorry if that's TMI!!

Like cervical mucus? If so, it probably has nothing to do with the pumping.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Oh ok! Good to know. I thought maybe it could have something to do with the hormones

The weekend was rough! We are in the process of moving so everything is crazy. All I have right now is a manual pump because I haven't been able to afford an electric. Therefore, I know I am not getting enough pumping going on! Plus, the lack of time for the manual has been hard as well. Ugh! I need to get this together. My son needs my breast milk and I need to start producing it. Anyways, my focus this week is to start the Fenugreek pills I just bought. Take 2 a day. Use my manual pump and pump 8-10 times a day no matter how crazy things are right now! When I move this weekend I plan on renting a pump as soon as possible! Here is to a successful relactation week!!

My questions I posted a few posts above haven't been answered yet! Anyone?! TIA

Some people get good results with a manual pump, but you really do want to get that electric pump since you are relactating. There's a link somewhere that shows you what it is supposed to look like when the horns are correctly sized - maybe try the medela website? Or it might be on the ameda website.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Update in original post